How to organize and clean out a closet? Don’t panic, these few tricks will help you.
- 1 How to organize and clean out a closet? Don’t panic, these few tricks will help you.
Let’s start with the cleaning:
Ask yourself these three questions:
– When was the last time I wear it? more than a year ago?
– Is my current size?
– Would I buy it today?
We will make three piles: one with clothes to keep, the second with clothes that may keep, and the third with pieces for disposal.
Lot 1: clothes to keep.
Lot 2: clothes that I may keep
Lot 3: Pieces to throw away or sell. Apart of ebay, there are many other websites where you can sell online your used clothes. Here few links that may help you:
Cleaning is done: go shopping!
Tip: We look for simplicity, but especially for quality; look for the best jeans that’s just right for you. Also invest in quality leather shoes and bags.
- Underwear. The right bra size will make the clothes fit better and look better. Panties have to be comfortable and made of cotton or cotton blended. The elastic underwear will prevent visible panty lines.
- A suit for all the seasons. One in black is the best choice, but if you choose another color, buy one that is not too flashy and will last several seasons. You can create different outfits with the blazer: with jeans or miniskirt to go out in the afternoon or for a formal dinner.
- Black dress or LBD (little black dress). It’s essential to have a black dress for any occasion, wear it with high heels at night, or with flat sandals and a cardigan for the day.
- Jeans. A basic piece in any closet. For a formal look you can be combined it with a jacket, a top and high heels, and for a more sport look with a jumper or t-shirt. It is important to wear the righs jean that fit your body shape.
- White shirt and T-shirts in a different colors and shape.
- Footwear. You should have at least: a classic mid heel shoes for any occasion, high heel sandals to wear with dresses and jeans, flat shoes, and a sport shoes for a more casual look.
- Jackets and coats. The black, brown or beige ones are the best options, look for the style that suits you.
- Accessories. They are as important as any other clothes, such as a shopping bag to carry all the things that you need each day, a scarf or sunglasses that fit your style.
How to organize your new closet.
- Hangers: We choose the wood ones for jackets or the satin padding for more delicate items. Organize your clothes by type and color.
- Shelves: fold your sweaters and t-shirts, organize them by color and season.
- Drawers: A drawer is a great solution to separate and organize underwear, socks, panties and jewelry. They can also be arranged by color.
- Boxes: Cardboard boxes are perfect for sorting belts, scarves and handbags. Plastic boxes can be used to keep clothes from other seasons under the bed.
The list of essential clothing pieces:
Depends on your daily activities (work, social life, leisure and hobbies….) and style but in summary this is what you need.
- Trench coat, fine wool jackets, Bomber or denim jacket
- The perfect blazer
- White shirt
- Basic T-shirts
- Trousers: fine wool, linen, or cotton
- The perfect jean
- Ankle boots
- Flips flops
- Ballet flats or another flat shoes
- Shopping bag
- Beach bag
- Hat for the beach
- Underwear and pajamas
- Swimming suits
- Wool Coat
- Two tailors suits, one light and one dark
- A jacket: black or neutral color
- Two turtleneck sweaters, one black and one camel
- White or beige shirt
- Basic cotton t-shirts
- A midi skirt
- Some jeans
- A black dress
- Knee high boots and ankle boots
- Black single-sole heels
- Loafers or ballet shoes
- Big tote bag
- Small evening bag.
- Black and transparent stockings
Do you have fashion or style questions? Email me to email@example.com or tweet your questions to @newhighstreet.